Wednesday, November 18, 2009

I Couldn't Be Me Without You

One of the best love songs ever sung. Written by Billy Joe Shaver for his wife Brenda Shaver.
Ive heard him sing this song several times and he always does it a'capella. He does a wonderful job but I really love the melodic guitar accompaniment in this YouTube version. The singer is singing the song to a cat which we can only guess is no longer with us. The video gives no unneeded explanation to the well being of his furry friend and the recording is pretty good (considering it's a slide show video).
Well worth blogging about I plan on trying my best to extract the audio from this track and look forward to numerous mix tapes with this as a hit amongst friends.
Please enjoy Joseph Cormier's version of "I Couldn't Be Me Without You"

No comments: